Gamma Vaccines is developing GammaFlu®, an improved seasonal flu vaccine that offers broader spectrum immunity to different influenza viruses. GammaFlu® also has the potential to be stockpiled as a “universal flu vaccine” for use as an immediate emergency response to any new influenza pandemic.
Gamma Vaccines manufactures and kills influenza virus in a manner that preserves the proper structure of the virus and its various proteins. By using gamma irradiation – a procedure in wide-spread use to sterilize surgical instruments and stop spoilage of perishable fruits – a killed virus preparation can be obtained that is no longer infectious and which induces a potent immunity to different influenza virus strains and subtypes.
Gamma Vaccines Pty Ltd is an Australian company targeting primarily the human and avian influenza market.
Formed in July 2009, the company is developing a cross-protective influenza virus vaccine, GammaFlu®, designed to replace current seasonal injectable flu vaccines with an easy-to-administer, broader-spectrum intranasal vaccine. The Company’s products also hold the prospect of being able to be stockpiled for use as an immediate first response to any new influenza pandemic.
Gamma Vaccines’ proprietary technology was invented by leading viral immunologists from The Australian National University’s John Curtin School of Medical Research. The company has attracted significant equity investments from Australian, Indonesian & US investors and been awarded numerous grants from the Australian Capital Territory and the Commonwealth Government of Australia.
Founded by experienced early-stage managers and the inventors themselves, the company is currently negotiating with several partners in Asia and Europe to commence clinical trials for applications in both human and animal vaccination markets.
- Meridian LifeScience Inc | 1 July 2014MERIDIAN LIFESCIENCES INC COMMENCES CONTRACT MANUFACTURE OF GAMMA-FLU ON BEHALF OF GAMMA VACCINES
- World Vaccine Congress Asia 2014 | 10 - 11 June 2014GAMMA VACCINES CHAIRMAN GIVES KEYNOTE PRESENTATION AT THE WORLD VACCINE CONGRESS ASIA 2014 IN SINGAPORE
- Further Follow-On Investment | 29 May 2014PT SOHO INDUSTRI PHARMASI HAS MADE A FURTHER FOLLOW-ON INVESTMENT IN GAMMA VACCINES TO SUPPORT CMO MANUFACTURE OF GAMMA-FLU
- Gamma-Flu Tested in Ferrets | 29 April 2014GAMMA VACCINES HAS INITIATED TESTING OF GAMMA-FLU IN FERRETS – THE GOLD STANDARD MODEL FOR ASSESSING FLU VACCINES
- Patent Granted in Indonesia | 20 February 2014GAMMA VACCINES CORE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RECEIVES PATENT PROTECTION IN INDONESIA